Try a healthier alternative for lunch or dinner with this recipe.
The sorrel sauce is a perfect way to enjoy its distinct lemon-like quality with fish. Get your fresh sorrel from our farm and have a deliciously hearty meal.
- 4 cups sorrel (trimmed and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsps. vermouth
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche (alternative: sour cream)
- 1.25 lbs. skinless salmon fillet
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine sorrel and water in a blender; blend until smooth. Set the sorrel sauce aside.
- Combine fish stock, shallots, wine, and vermouth in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small saucepan.
- Place over low heat and whisk in crème fraîch until combined. Cover the cream sauce and set aside.
- Season salmon with salt. Heat oil in a large nonstick skiller over medium heat.
- Add the salmon and cook, turning once, until just cooked through 4-5 minutes total.
- Reheat the reserved cream sauce over low heat if necessary. Serve the salmon with the cream and sorrel sauces, topped with more sorrel, if desired.