If you’re looking for a sweet twist to your favorite daily staple, look no further! This Pineapple Fried Rice is surely an enjoyable treat that is best paired with steamed seafood or pork asado!
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 cups water
- ¾ cup white onion, finely diced
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 1½ cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup peas, frozen or fresh
- ½ cup corn, frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- green onions
- Using a large saucepan, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using a wok or large sauté pan, add canola oil; place over high heat. Once hot, add onion, carrots and pineapple. Cook and stir until vegetables have softened. Remove mixture and set aside.
- Once rice is cooked, pour remaining 2 tbsp of oil into pan. Once hot, crumble cooked rice into pan with fingers; stir until well combined. Push rice to sides of pan to create a well; add eggs into well, stirring constantly to scramble eggs in pan. Once eggs are cooked, add the garlic, cooked pineapple, carrots, onions, peas, corn, soy sauce and sesame oil; stir until well combined. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 60 seconds.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
recipe from www.spicedblog.com